Kid’s education is no longer what it used to be. Not only the subjects have increased to a number or quality level, but also the daily program has completely changed. Teachers are using different and more various teaching methods.
They follow the individual interests and skills of a child. Not only kids benefit from this big change in education. Parents do, too. And the after school club idea is one of these many benefits parents get from today’s education new system.
An after school might be something you hear for the first time! However, now, when you get to know what it is, you might find yourself immediately rushed to your kid’s school. A rush that has been prompted by your desire to sign your kid to an after-school program, too. Trust us – both, you and the kid will love it.
What’s after school club?
An after school can be basically and mainly found in middle and primary schools. This is a specially tailored club in an ordinary and traditional school. Both: private and public schools can have. If the school is public, the after school is subsided by the government. This club is also Ofsted and not centralized or limited to kids that study only in this school. What we mean is that if a certain school does not have an after school programs, a subsidy will be provided to drive kids to the nearest school.
The program of the school club starts right after school and ends up at about 18:00 o’clock. The program includes both: helping classes for doing the homework, as well as for catching up with missed classes. The school program, though, can also be bound to anything else, but not the regular classes from school. It depends on the school what activities should be added to the program.
However, in its original look, it used to offer both: time for kids to do their homework and review what they have learned during the day and time for additional activities. Speaking of which, the beginning of the after school idea can be found in the States, India, Great Britain, Taiwan, United Arab Emirates, etc.
It appeared at the beginning of the 21st century. Today, they are predominantly appreciated by both: parents and educational experts. Although receiving some criticizing from the old-school specialist in the education sphere, they are great and have more benefits than disadvantages. Probably, the only weak point behind these clubs is slow parenting. Though, at some point, it can be advocated, especially during the hard the days we live in.
Why visit school club
Before getting to a certain list of numerous benefits let’s mention an important detail.
Where would be a kid if not attending such a club?
There are two options: a kid might be either at school or taken by a babysitter, private study rooms, at grandparents’ place. Why these aren’t that good as the after school club is?
Well, we all know that if not controlled a kid might do every single weird, forbidden and even bad thing while being home alone. Grandparents should have their own time to rest and live. And babysitters, as well as study rooms do cost money. And parents should work even more to afford them.
Here is how we get to the biggest benefit behind the after school club: If visited by the kid, parents can work as long as they need to. Because this is the main purpose, the clubs were designed and built for. Ok, but what are the other benefits, then:
- Ofsted and safe. Moreover – these clubs are guaranteed and subsided by governments. It means that they are risk-free, ideologically consistent and in conduction to the national education’s manners, principles, values, and human rights.
- Catching up with those students who aren’t able to learn the lessons in class, as well as at home without the teacher’s help.
- Guarantee the student will do his homework.
- Guarantee the student will have enough time for having fun after doing his homework (because of point 3)
- Possibility to participate in group classes and learning. It develops social and team skills.
- Possibility to become part of other interesting classes: like practicing sport, creative and artistic classes, music, etc.
- Possibility for your kid to get to know and have more friends.
What’re the benefits for parents to sign in their kids?
Parents aren’t just able to do what they have to do – going to work and earn their living – but even grow in their career.
We are sure that a lot of parents today prefer to drop their career growth in the name of kids. And, for sure, they have noble reasons.
However, what if these parents receive some extra help for growing and educating their kids? Of course, most of these parents will advance and progress. Some of these people might even finish another level of their educational status. Moreover – during all of these time parents will be certain that their kids are in a safe place. Let’s not forget that the after school club takes place on the school’s premises. This means any parent is certain that his or her kid is guarded till he or she comes back from work.
Last, but not least, the after school allows parents to save money.
If there is no such a club in town, any parent will consider the other opportunity: paying extra cash for a babysitter or a private study class. And they aren’t both cheap and affordable at all. Especially if the parent wants high-quality education and care for the kid! And this is what we all want, isn’t it?
Types of after school
The main idea of the contemporary after school club is to help parents work, while their kids are doing their homework and studying right at school, but not at home. An anything after school shouldn’t be that boring. Why not making it even more promising and suitable for a middle-school or primary-school student?
Besides the traditional after school programs where kids are reviewing their classes and knowledge from today’s school day and doing the homework for tomorrow, there are other types. Here are some interesting types of after school clubs you can come upon and sign your kid in:
- Music and dance programs – practicing classical and modern dances, playing piano, guitar, etc
- Arts – drama, creative writing, gift and craft making, school newspaper, recycling, storytelling, origami, painting, puppet theatre, photography, any design work, candle making, fashion
- Housekeeping and domestic chores – cooking classes, community services, charity, knitting, sewing, woodwork, gardening, etc
- Sports – cheerleading and practicing football, basketball, tennis and whatever sports discipline you can think off and school facility can afford
- Science and nature – planting, astronomy, science experiments, geography and tourism, IT skills, invention, mechanical and repair jobs
- Social skills – debates, amnesty international letter campaign, contest entering, internet club, blogging, social web learning
- Learning Foreign Languages – any language
- Games – board games, computer games, chess, focuses and magic, collecting things (like stamps, postcards, etc)
The idea behind an after program whatever type it refers to is helping both: the kid and the parent. It is a great opportunity for the national government in conduction to the educational system to prove they do care for the family as a social building unity.
The more clubs of these are opening, the more secure we feel as a society. This can be the first step a parent isn’t scared to want more kids anymore. And this is how a kid feels support by school and stops hating it. We are sure that not only the countries we have pointed, but the entire planet will soon accept this idea.
Because, indeed, the after school club is something that is worth it. It is something that saves money and saves the kid’s personality. We hope that in future we will see more schools with an after school programs. And we hope that both: kids and parents will love them. Till then any city with such an option for parents and kids is blessed. And we hope soon every city in the country and later in the world will have such a club.